Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ugh Giant, or Reasons I Miss the Midwest


In Michigan we have this store called Meijer. If you have never been, then there is no way that I can explain how incredibly wonderful it is. Really. You can get everything that you need, groceries (they try to get as much locally grown as possible), great produce, vegetarian products, clothing (not the best, but...), bedding, everything you need to cook with, furnish a house, do crafts, toys, flowers, small appliances, tires, guns, fishing rods, pets. It is a great place, so why am I reminiscing? First, it is cheap, as is everything in the Midwest. Second, I never had to wait in line like I do here, they have check outs beyond the eye can see, and lastly, you can almost always get everything you need. I desperately miss this, so much that I sometimes have dreams about them building one in the district. I cannot stand the Giant near me, they never have everything that I need, the produce is sub-par at best and the lines. I stood in line for 15 minutes today. Okay, enough complaining. I love DC, there are just some things that are better in the Midwest.

1 comment:

diana may said...

you know, i really take meijer for granted. and the lines DO move really fast.