Wednesday, February 13, 2008

metro, metro!!!!

Thus far, it has been a wonderful Wednesday, I hope everyone is feeling this way. I know it is rainy and icy, but come on, it's February!

After not sleeping well, I woke up and was wide awake. Sputnik came to say hello. The walk to metro was pretty icy, but I tricked the ice and I walked in the road. (I miss salt, sorry Ben). Then as I was descending the escalator, the metro was coming. This is a great feeling because not only do you not have to wait for metro, but you don't have to rush either. Then, the same thing happened at L'Enfant Plaza. My orange line conductor was great! He told us that if we see someone leave a bag behind to ask, "Is that your bag?". He then went on to tell us that if they look shifty, start sweating, and make a sprint for it, to inform a metro employee that something is amiss with the bag.

Lately, I have been riding the bus to work from the metro station. I am really tired of the walk and the cars that honk. I mean, come on, it is not even 8 a.m. Anyway, my bus driver is the best. Every morning he makes me smile, he is so nice.

I got to work and was informed by a friend that the government was on delayed start, or whatever that is called. This means, I didn't even have to be here yet! I informed my boss and we decided that we should get breakfast.

Also, last day! I am so excited to start new job tomorrow.

I almost forgot to mention the new blue line changes that have been proposed. I think it would be great. I know as a person that has to ride the green line in the afternoon that sometimes you just want to get home and you get to L'Enfant Plaza and you have to wait because all that is offered is yellow to Mt. Vernon Square. I would also be happy if they just extended the yellow line service, but I think it is worth a shot to try out the blue. It will be confusing for tourists, but us daily riders will benefit.

No comments: