Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Four Pie Weekend!

I hope that everyone was able to enjoy the weather this weekend. Knowing that the weird people from DC probably still think this is cold weather, I will tell you how much I enjoyed it! Saturday once I realized that it was hot out, I decided to put on a tshirt and skirt and sit on my front porch. I drank several mugs of tea and chatted with neighbors. I loved this so much. My neighbor was working on his front 'yard'. Nate borrowed the rake and got rid of some of our leaves. We really need to trim the bush/tree in the front, but it will take more than some simple hand clippers at this point. I also realized that I keep waiting for winter, it seems like it hasn't happened yet, was this it? A couple days where it got below 30? I am not saying that I want really cold weather, it is just strange to me. I have not once had snow inside my shoe this year, I have not had frozen boogers, I have not had to defrost myself in a hot shower. If this is winter, then I love winter.

I took a long weekend from work, knowing that my time would be up there soon, I had to use all the sick time I had left. I made four pies this weekend! There isn't much more you can ask for than having pie for breakfast.

Our kittens are wonderful. Warner woke Nathan up by biting him in the butt on Saturday night, this pleased me very much! Sputnik has this adorable habit of putting all her toys in the food bowl during the night. Monday morning her Frankie (miniature of my Frankie), one of Nathan's socks and half of my slipper were in the food bowl.

This weekend I made my first trip ever to Soul Veg, I don't know how I have lived here for 9 months and never gone! First of all, I am vegetarian; second, it is a mile from my house, what is wrong with me?!?!?! Needless to say, I liked it and I will be going back.

My bike should be up and running within the week! I still need a white seat and probably a helmut.

I lost one shoe. How does this happen?

No comments: