Thursday, January 17, 2008

Vegetate + Restaurant Week = Happiness

Last night Carolyn and I went to Vegetate. I really love that place, but because I like to eat and their portions are small, I don't go all that often. Restaurant week is a perfect time to go because you get to try so much, all of it being delicious, of course. I had the Twice Baked Sweet Potato Rounds, Blue Cheese Skillet Cakes, and Lavender Scented White Cake. Carolyn ordered House Made Black Olive Flatbread, Root Vegetable Noodles, and Dark Chocolate Ganache. The Blue Cheese Skillet Cakes were not very blue-cheesy, but they were wonderful all the same. I also got a glass of warm liquid with my cake, I asked the server what I was supposed to do with it (yes, I am stupid), he said, drink it. It was a ginger tea, it had quite a zing, but I enjoyed it. He said most people will not even try it! I was surprised by this. I can't say what was the best, it was all really great, I was very satisfied afterwards. If you haven't been to Vegetate, you should definitely check it out, I am so happy to have this wonderful restaurant so close by.

No comments: