Friday, January 11, 2008

Daytime Television? Daytime Crime

In reading other neighborhood blogs and seeing the rash of police heading to the 7th street corridor the other night, it seems that crime is going up and up in our little corner of the district. I left work early today to get some things done (but so far have managed to rewatch the first episode of season five, The Wire). I just heard five gunshots, then a short siren and now there is yet again, a helicopter. It is most disturbing that this is happening in the middle of the day! I don't normally worry about my safety as I am not involved in the drug trade of our neighborhood, but I do not go out alone at night. It is upsetting that I may have to start being concerned about day time activities.

(Mom I promise to be safe, don't worry)

No comments: