Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Frozen Timmies

I had a really wonderful weekend, I got to see a lot of friends and I accomplished a lot! Friday Nate, Mauricio and I went to Rock and Roll Hotel for Alexandra's birthday. It was quite fun, but we didn't stay all that long. I had been stressing myself out about the move and didn't sleep much Friday night, leading to me feeling really awful on Saturday. Carolyn came over in the morning to give me medicine and stayed for a while to help sort through some clothes (she took some of the ones I needed to get rid of off my hands!). I ended up being a complete waste of space on Saturday and did essentially nothing even though I needed to with the pending move. I think I fell asleep somewhere around 9:30, yeah, I am a party-animal.

Sunday, the move begins early. Nate went to his house to clean and I started packing the car up and moving things over. Jon came by with his truck and he and Nate really hauled everything, I really do have wonderful friends. We finished by eating at Luna, it is a wonderful place and we found out that on Sundays and Mondays after 5pm, pasta is half-off!!! This is something to remember, which is why I am writing it here.

There is still a lot to do and it looks like there will be a trip to Ikea this weekend (yay)! I think I am the only one excited about this. I swear I am like a kid when I get to Ikea. I love how they put the toys at the end of the store, it is genius!

There are some other random things that I want to mention:
  • Last week I was at Whole Foods and I discovered this water, well, enhanced water called bot. It is a pretty standard flavored water, nothing too exciting, but the website, amazing.
  • Living in DC, where it is warm, I have realized that even though it is January, Spring doesn't seem that far away.
  • Also, living in DC, I have realized that people are hypersensitive about the weather and think that 40 degrees is cold, even the people on the radio!
  • I am excited for Vegetate and restaurant week.
  • I am hoping to make pie this weekend and take it to Jon.
  • Tonight I would like to get books and all the laundry put away. There is a lot of laundry, we washed everything that Nate owns.
  • My bike is becoming a single-speed because I am scene. (Actually because I never change gears and this will make it lighter)
  • Diana needs to move here, and Dania too (but that will happen in the Spring, which isn't far away)
  • Whatever happened to milkshake club?

If I don't get home early enough tonight, then I will forget about the goals of putting away books and laundry, instead I will concentrate on one of the best things ever: Frankie!

No comments: