Tuesday, January 8, 2008

30 Minutes to Spare

I had a really great weekend. My friend Kate was in town, which means that I can talk about food as much as I want. We went to Bus Boys and Poets on Friday, I always forget how much I like this place. It is inexpensive and delicious. If you go, make sure to get the soy chai latte, it is the best I have ever had, and I get them everywhere.

Saturday we headed over to Georgetown to do some shopping, I restrained myself and still ended up with some new wine glasses. They are quite kitschy. Sunday we went to my favorite brunch spot, I hesitate to write about it on a blog because if everyone starts going there I will not be able to walk in and get seated immediately. Okay, Town Hall in Glover Park (is this two words or one?), it is a great place to get excellent brunch, and cheaper than anywhere else in DC, besides maybe Diner. Nathan always gets these amazing chicken tenders and I usually try to try new things every time we go. This week I was boring with just eggs, English muffin and home fries. I have not had anything there that was anything less than stellar.

Kate and I went to the National Gallery. We didn't stay all that long, but what I did see was amazing. I definitely need to go again on a weekday to avoid tourists and out-of-staters.

On to the big news, well big news for me...
If you know me at all, you know that Nate and I have been thinking about moving in together and that I have been pretty scared about making this kind of commitment/step in our relationship. Mostly I am scared of giving up my great studio (and super cheap rent) to move in with someone. The plan has been for awhile that once my lease is up I will move in with him, well I realized over the weekend, that I am ready to live with him now. I missed having him around and it hit me that I am really ready to make this step. I told him this last night and suggested that he, Mariana, and I live together and I could sublet my place. (sometimes I am silly) He then pointed out that Mariana could move into my place and I could move in with him. This way I don't have to give up my apartment at least until July (when Mariana moves back to France). We are going to give it a test run and see what happens. I am pretty excited for this step and I think it will be a positive one.

Now to move though, always the suck part. So this will be my tenth move in six years.

I am looking forward to having a bit more space and being able to do some things to the house. I think we may also get a cat or dog (the one I want). There seems to be a mouse problem at Nate's house, again. I don't know why there are there, it is nice outside, there certainly isn't food there.

Please let me know if you have suggestions for things I can do to the house...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you need to write to joan and ask her to come out and help you move. i'm sure she'll jump at the opportunity!