Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Taking Care of the Caregiver

Over the weekend I went to Shakti Yoga Studio, it is on 7th between New York and L. This may soon become my second home. I took two classes with Iesha Ali, she is wonderful. She really brought something to the yoga studio that I have never had in another class. I stole the title of this entry from something she said in class that really affected me. The class was all women and she talked about how as women we are so often the caregivers to our friends and family (not that men can't be also), but it is so important to do things for ourselves and to take care of ourselves. In the last year since moving here I have gained a few (okay, more than a few) pounds. I have been feeling pretty angry with myself about it. Going to her class made me realize that I have an amazing body, everyone does. I should not be so stressed about those pounds that I gained and instead I should focus on how my body allows me to do so much.

In other news, my pasta maker has arrived! I am very excited for all the possibilities. I also ordered a citrus juicer, I can't wait to make Nate fresh squeezed orange juice!

No comments: