Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hiatus!

I have come to realize that I have not been fair to my readership as I am lazy on the weekdays and do not post. Okay, Mom, I know you are the only one that reads and I basically talk to you everyday, so maybe it is okay to not post daily.

Anyway, here are things that are very exciting.

I have bangs. (picture coming soon)

I tried two new yoga studios this week.

Monday - Maruka on 9th and N. Michele was the instructor, it was a Vinyasa class. I really loved the shop underneath the studio and the lady that owns it reminds me of Nate's Mom, almost too much! I loved the studio, very light and welcoming. Michele was a good instructor. Not great. There were only four of us in the class, so I was excited about getting adjustments and some personal time with her, it didn't happen. I did like the class and would definitely go again.

Tuesday - Georgetown yoga. GO! That is about all I have to say, it was a wonderful, wonderful class. I will be going a lot.

Other than that, not too much. I was supposed to go to Justice last night, sadly due to my sleep issues, I had to stay home. I was truly bummed out, but I did make some kitties and buddies happy because they received extra snuggles.

Tomorrow is Ethiopian with Carolyn. This is even more exciting than normal Ethiopian because it is their time of fasting which means they have to abstain from eating animal products for 40 days, meaning extra veggie items! (For you in Michigan, go to Blue Nile, I have heard good things). Later, after gorging ourselves, we will go to Wonderland!!! I have only been there once, but had a great time dancing on a couch because there was no other room to move around. I also seem to remember some kind of plastic toy gun that was held together with glow sticks.

I am also thinking that maybe, just maybe, if I stick with the yoga thing I may take the classes to become a teacher. It seems that there are a lot of yoga teachers in the area, and that is their only job, and they work 20 hours a week. So, either they make a lot of money not working a lot, or they are super granola and don't need a lot of money. Mostly, I think it could be a fun thing to do one night a week.

1 comment:

diana may said...

yesterday i slept from 10pm-9am. it was great.

i can't wait to see the bangs!! AND, i can't wait to check out these studios with you. what was so great about the georgetown one?? i have thought about teaching yoga, too, but it's a big time commitment to go through training and i think for me i am not ready to teach yet. i am really into just learning from it still at this point (though i imagine teaching yoga would help me learn, too)