Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back By Popular Demand!

Okay, well Carly asked for an update. I know that I am charming and hilarious and everyone checks my blog every few minutes for updates.

My parents are coming to visit this weekend, as well as my aunt, uncle and two cousins! I am very excited to see everyone. My Mom has offered to bring me items from Meijer. I am very pleased about this! She is bringing 11 avocados, in total it cost her $10! I have a strange love for avocados that many do not share. The first time I went grocery shopping in DC, I nearly cried, right there at Whole Foods. One avocado was $2.99! I know I complain about how expensive food is here, but that was insane, I had never (until that point) paid more than $1.50 for an avocado. Anyway, I am about to get my fix!

We are going to see the kites this weekend, I think it will be fun. My Dad is bringing a kite for Nate to fly. He is also bringing a violin and some inventions that we have been collaborating on. Once these inventions take off I will be a millionaire and therefore able to quit working and open pie shop. It will be fantastic!

I have been practicing riding up hills, I am getting there. I know that I have to get strong and make my way up hills. It is just a matter of time. I have been riding around LeDroit Park more, this really makes me want to live there. If I decide to stay in DC, I would like to move there.

I realized the other day that I cannot remember the last time I drove a car, it is a strange feeling.

Tonight is happy hour with Nate's coworkers. I really like them, probably more than he does. I plan to have a few drinks then go home and try and give Sputnik a bath. She gets a bit smelly and she has to meet her grandparents tomorrow! So, if I have unexpected scratches tomorrow you will know that I gave Sputnik her bath whilst drunk.

Last Friday I ate so much at Almaz that I literally made myself sick. I still think I could eat Ethiopian every single day though!

1 comment:

diana may said...

riding bikes uphill is so hard!!

and you ARE charming and hilarious!

and. i do not share your love for avocados, but you knew this.