Tuesday, January 29, 2008

neighborhood-y

Over the weekend I went to Timor, the store, not the island. It is a nice market that is about a five minute walk from my house. It is quite small, but it has essentials: milk, eggs, soy milk, cheese, pasta, sauce, olives, tea, wine, some meat (I didn't really look since it doesn't interest me all that much), and on Sundays they have a fresh produce stand. It is a great addition to the neighborhood and I plan to frequent this place! Here is their website: http://timordc.com/

Yesterday I didn't want to wait for the Greenbelt metro from L'Enfant Plaza, so I took the one that only goes to Mount Vernon Square. It was very nice out yesterday and decided the walk would do me some good. I have been reading other neighborhood blogs that have mentioned the amount of young people hanging out on the corners in MVS. It was my observation as well. Although it was light out, I still felt a bit intimidated by the large groups on nearly every corner. I don't know if there is really anything that can be done about this, but it would be nice to feel safe when I am walking around the neighborhood past daylight.

I am really enjoying my new house, but I have come to realize that I am not used to the amount of chores that I am now having to take on. For the past several years I have lived in studio apartments, by myself. Living with someone and having to clean two bathrooms, and vacuum more rooms and now having cats! Well, it is an adjustment.

I did make two pies over the weekend. One was great and the other, well, the crust was really good. I guess that is what it is all about though, experimentation. Friday I am going to make Blueberry pie. I have friends coming from Michigan this weekend, I am very excited.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the visit, Meghan! I hope we can make a pie together!